Buy the Minecraft Java Edition only $26.95 and get full features with support and updates.
HARDCORE AND SPECTATOR MODES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE JAVA EDITION
Hardcore mode (which makes it so you can’t respawn when you die) and Spectator mode (which lets you fly around and view the world) are both only available in the Java Edition of Minecraft.
Minecraft Java Edition only $26.95
Minecraft Java Edition
The original version of Minecraft! Java Edition has cross-platform play between Windows, Linux and Mac OS, and also supports user-created skins and mods. Includes a decade’s worth of updates, with much more to come!
- Available on Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Access to snapshots, which enable early access to new features
- Supports user-created skins and mods
- Receives frequent updates via the game launcher
- Compatible with Realms for Java Edition
- Free trial version available
Compare Platforms and Features
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studios. Created by Markus “Notch” Persson in the Java programming language and released as a public alpha for personal computers in 2009, the game was officially released in November 2011, with Jens Bergensten taking over development around then.